Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Tea Party

We decided, since it is yet another rainy day, to have a tea party today. We really got with it. I allowed Syd to use the makeup she got for her birthday last January for the first time. (Thank you Megan and Grace) We dressed on up and used THE tea set. Also a birthday gift. I read aloud from Earl the Squirrel (see shelfari to the right), but didn't get the rapt attention I would have liked because the guests were so enraptured with pouring and drinking their tea.

Tea was actually apple juice, cream was water, and sugar was Splenda. It was a good practice for Syd's most important guest, H-Dub. He doesn't do too well drinking from a cup. I plan to remedy this by taking my friend Andrea's advice and having both kids drink from real cups at meal times. Now if only I could remember to do this.

He wasn't the classiest guest, as he would hide under the table cloth/sheet, refused to wear his tea/pirate hat, smelled of urine, (not his fault, I know. His mother should change his diaper) and made a rather large mess.