Friday, April 25, 2008

Our First ER Visit

H-Dubya got the dreaded "virus" that is going around town. He began his vomitting decline on Wednesday. He seemed okay when I left for work yesterday, but he had a terrible diaper. When I got home he had vomitted 5 more times and wasn't urinating much. His beautiful brown eyes were literally sinking into his head. I called the nurse and she said we needed to take him to the pediatric emergency room. It was, well, gross. Hayden was dehydrated and had to do two IVs because he couldn't keep a popsicle or anything else down. He was supposed to urinate before we left, but that never happened. We left around 6:30 and got home after 11. Luckily Gigi came and got Syd, and she spent the night over there. H was up twice last night, and has had only two more really bad diapers. I think we are defintely over the hill. I am so glad as the doctor said that this virus is what they saw all night, and some kids had it for a WEEK!

1 comment:

Will's mom said...

Good grief - bless his heart!!! Rotovirus was going around our daycare and I was so worried that Will was going to get it. So far - so good!