Thursday, April 24, 2008

Crafting Days are Here Again

I have been renewed and wanted to show some of Syd's newest home stuff. We weren't donig "schoolwork" everyday for awhile there so she appreciated getting back into the groove. Yesterday she did some "beginner science" with ice. She enjoyed it for about 15 minutes. I had to ask many a probing question for her to get that ice is cold, and melts into water. So ice is made of cold water.

We also made a ladybug and read ladybug books. The Grouchy Ladybug was her fave, and it was not short. She found a ladybug in the pool on Sunday and was thrilled. Thankfully I saw a ladybug craft on a blog that a friend of mine referred me to. Syd LOVES painting. So anything that has to do with that she gets excited about. I have found that the sponges are easiest to use, and you can get them at Walmart for like 50 cents. I plan on letting H-Dubya try them soon, Lord be with me.

Concentration.


She just loves her schoolwork. Notice the chocolate chip cookie left over in the corner of her mouth.


Wet hand.


The girl is an artist! Notice her "smock". I would love to get her a cute one someday.


So excited about the final product.

3 comments:

Will's mom said...

How do you find the time? What do you do with H-Dubya while helping Syd with her craft? I apparently have not a clue about truly multi-tasking!!!!

Erin said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Erin said...

To answer your question, yesterday H-Dubya was asleep during craft time. He had a terrible stomach bug, which I should be blogging about shortly. Usually, though, he comes in and out. Wanders the house alone. All that safe stuff. Oh, and I deleted above comment because Brokeback doesn't like me to use our names.