Monday, April 28, 2008

Mother of the Year

Your child asks for more chocolate cookies, which you are feeding them for a "snack" at 9:00 a.m. and you tell her, "I will give you more, but eat the ones H-Dubya dropped on the floor, first."

Mother of the Year, I tell you. Mother of the Year.

Before you judge me and call CPS, I was immediately struck by an article I read in the last Parents magazine. It was intended for FATHERS (because no doting mother worth her salt would ever do such a thing) and said to not abide by the 5 second rule, for the sake and health of your child. That any contact with the grimy floor which breeds mountains of germs is unsanitary. It goes without saying that the playroom floor that hasn't been swept or mopped in 7 days wouldn't be a good place to serve your precious children their food. So I picked it up before she could eat it. I hate wasting food. There are children starving in Africa, ya know?

1 comment:

lcking said...

You are Mother of the Year! Some of us wouldn't have even thought about posting this... because we wouldn't have thought to feel guilty! Welcome to the club M of the Y.