Monday, March 30, 2009

Hippo Therapy

Let me preface this by apologizing for the lack of pictures. We left the house like bats outta hell as usual and I forgot the camera. He goes back April 15th and I will DEFINITELY take pictures then.

He enjoyed it! He had no issues with putting on his helmet and belt. He brushed the horse, loved walking beside it with Daddy holding him, and sat on it for a few seconds, no saddle, his feet off one side. They told me that he was the best first time they have ever had. So I am proud. He will hopefully get on the horse the next time, or the next. I am so proud of him and he loved it.

By the end he was tuckered out. The wind today was ridiculous so he had some dirt in his eyes. He has only met his OT once before and she was giving many directions so that threw him off. He yelled at Brokeback to take him to the car at the end and of course Brokeback quickly obeyed.

BTW, Syd has no idea that H-Dub is doing horse therapy. The diva would throw an ugly "it's not fair" fit so we are just avoiding the whole thing. She and the dog we have (yes, Brokeback is fostering a very sweet pup) went over to Poppy's.

1 comment:

The M Family said...

fun to see your blog!! sometimes whitney shares stories about your kids with me and they always make me laugh! :)