Sunday, March 29, 2009

Spring Break Trip II

The kids and I trucked it on down to Austin the day after we returned from Ruidoso. I am blessed in that my kids are always great in the car as long as the DVDs are rolling. I think I was more impatient then they were at the bitter end. It was about 7 hours there and 7 hours back when you factored in our San Angelo lunch and one stop to potty each way.

We went to visit Nicole, Ash and Aunt Mimi Renee. They certainly showed us a good time! I lived in Austin for a few years and Brokeback and I were married there. So it is one of my favorite places. I had no idea that it had so many fabulous activities for kids! We only did a few and Nicole had a whole page of additional stuff we could have done. I didn't take any pics with my large camera but as usual Nicole did not disappoint. Here are a few pics of the time we had.

Immediately upon our arrival Syd digs through all of the good stuff and gets dressed up.



H-Dub absolutely loved being out of the car and playing on Ash's big swing set. On our way home Syd told me that was her favorite part! On the next visit I guess we will just let them play in the backyard and swim at the fun pool?



Zilker Park train. The best train ride EVER for $3. I think we paid $6 per PERSON on the Ruidoso train and it was nowhere near as fab.


Syd and Ash crawling through the cave in the Barton Springs exhibit. Warmed my heart to see it because my first year of teaching in Austin I took my fifth grade class to Barton Springs on a field trip and they enjoyed the same stuff.


Nicole took us to the lake and the water was really down. No rain.


Posing with the kids. Apparently the sun was in Syd's eyes.


Dancing to the band at Johnny Fins!


Someone ruined my bluebonnet picture.



He did love this little spring.


Thanks so much to Nicole and Aunt Mimi for all of their hospitality! We had a wonderful time and plan on coming back this summer before Mama goes back to work!

No comments: