Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Boy

H-Dub is in high spirits today. He is wearing a new "Pidaman" shirt from Aunt Momo, and he has been able to bum around the house, eating whenever he wants and watching tv. He is bummed that I didn't have the french fries he asked for, but so is life.

Today Gigi and I went to Target to get new shoes for the kids. I was beyond thrilled to find gold sandals in Syd's size that I have been searching for for weeks. I saw them, decided not to buy, went back 2 days later and they were gone. I even went to the other Target in town and to two Targets while in Austin! We went back today looking for "other" shoes and POOF there they were! Woot! Made my day. We bought two pairs of shoes for H-Dub that he had to choose between. I put one on each foot. He couldn't make a decision. He came back to me later with both pairs, I asked him to pick one. He did and I shoved them onto his porky little feet. He then began to whimper and cluck. He wanted one of EACH on. Such an eccentric child.

H-Dub was recently diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder. He is a bit delayed in speech, and after being evaluated by an OT this what they think is going on. He has some issues with auditory processing, it seems, and some issues in the vestibular category, or balance. Brokeback and I aren't so concerned about that but we do want to improve the auditory issues as much as possible.

Sooo....tomorrow he starts his Hippo Therapy! Which is on a horse! We are so excited and hope he likes it. We don't know much about it. Oddly enough, when I was a counselor at Evans, the Guidance office offered us the chance to go and see what Hippo Therapy is all about but I declined due to my work load that day. Too bad. I will be back with the low down on this and pictures tomorrow, hopefully!

The shoes.



A rare picture of mirth.


Now it's passed. Back to business as usual. Milkaholic.

1 comment:

Will's mom said...

I am interested to hear more about the Hippo therapy. I am sure he will love it!
And the shoes -- we own those too. It is so hard to find cute boy shoes!