Thursday, October 23, 2008

Mini Chocolate Cake

This recipe was emailed to me by my Aunt DinaBee, who I think got it from my Aunt Missy. It looked quite fun so Syd and I tried it out after nap yesterday. It was so very good.

Recipe:

MINUTE CHOCOLATE MUG CAKE

1 Coffee Mug
4 tablespoons flour (that's plain flour, not self-rising)
4 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons baking cocoa
1 egg
3 tablespoons milk
3 tablespoons oil
3 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)This wasn't optional in my opinion. It made the cake!
Small splash of vanilla We were out so we didn't use vanilla and it was still great.

Add dry ingredients to mug, and mix well. Add the egg and mix thoroughly.
Pour in the milk and oil and mix well.
Add the chocolate chips (if using) and vanilla, and mix again.
Put your mug in the microwave and cook for 3 minutes. The cake will rise over the top of the mug, but don't be alarmed!
Allow to cool a little, and tip out onto a plate if desired.

EAT! (this can serve 2 if you want to share!)

The ingredients.


Mix it on up.


I know it doesn't look pretty. But it was really good. Really.


Syd enjoying the fruits of her labor.

1 comment:

Jamie said...

This looks fun! Abi's birthday is tomorrow and her birthday cake and party are not until Saturday, but this might just work! :) Thanks for sharing... Love your ideas! Wish I was as creative and talented as you...