Monday, May 12, 2008

Did you have a Happy Mothers Day?

I did! Brokeback and the kids brought my breakfast in bed after I slept in til 8:30. Then we all made a tent with the sheet and cuddled in the bed. After that I was allowed to laze about and read for about an hour. Such a great morning. I wish that was my routine everyday.

I received many cards in person from my family, and many in the mail from Ron's. Makes me feel ever so special! My sister and mother even gave me some fabulous gifts. And my own little family gave me the cutest apron made of amy butler fabrics that I have had my eye on.

I took an afternoon nap, and we went to Walmart as a family. Then Ron had a family fishing trip planned at our local park (I wonder if it is even legal to fish there? At least we threw them all back). Due to busy boy who I fear is going through another wild phase, it wasn't quite as relaxing as I thought. But it was great, quality family time either way. Here are some pictures, of course.


Setting up.


On the rocks where he is not supposed to be. And raising a stick that could poke someone's eye out.


Syd enjoying family fishing time in the manner we had hoped. H trying to force his stick into the grate. Still on the rocks.


Getting involved now that he sees what the point of the poles in the water is.


He refuses to use his Snoopy child pole.

No comments: