Thursday, May 1, 2008

Bella Dancerella

Bella Dancerella was a gift given to Syd for her 3rd birthday by some friends. She just loves it. It has a video and comes with a wand. There are two mats. Naturally, she uses one and H-Dubya uses the other. He enjoys it almost as much as his sister does. But not quite.

Syd gets all dressed up for Bella Dancerella. She prefers to wear her pjs under her dress because she finds them scratchy. H remembers what Syd likes to wear, so he will go ahead and pass her the wand and crown. And usually one shoe. He himself has no desire to dress up. I would think that he would, but he doesn't. He uses the flower wand, granted it is the only one available. And he will choose the pirate hat, which at this point is the only male dress-up apparatus we have. I do plan on getting him some boy costumes after Halloween when they are marked down, as recommended by my friend Angie who has 3 boys. I think he knows the pirate hat is his, and I guess he assumes the rest of the stuff is hers. He will wear mardi gras beads, but he is never interested in the fancier jewlery. I will tell you I never ever discourage him from dressing up in the girl dress-up clothes. Mainly because my previous experience has shown (said experience being dressing up cousin Tyler) that it doesn't make one bit of difference later on, and most boys who only have sisters have the "if you can't beat'em, join'em" attitude. Brokeback informed me of this phenomena seeing as I have one sister and we felt free to dress up and be as silly and girly as possible when ever we felt the need.

Anywho, here are some pictures of Syd and H-Dubya doing Bella Dancerella, and a picture of H-Dubya in his mardi gras beads from around Christmas just for good measure.




No comments: