Monday, December 15, 2008

Today

Was a good day. I feel like I got things accomplished, which is ridiculously important to me.

We had a friend over this morning while his mother had a sonogram for her TWINS. I took Syd to dance and worked on a Christmas project/present in the car while I waited, and read the most dramatic and fabulous chapter in the book The Shack thus far. Chapter 15.

And then. I went in to get her and have never been so disappointed to not have my camera on me. Mrs. Karla had the girls dressed up as reindeer. They each had on antlers and sleigh bells around their ankles. They were lined up in pairs and Syd was in the front. They then had the girls inside a long piece of ribbon, and they walked around the studio to a reindeer song and their sleigh bells made a wonderful sound. The teachers were wearing elf hats. So precious I will never forget it.

We have been having nap issues. We moved H-Dub to a big boy bed as I mentioned before, and he won't stay in it during the day. So Brokeback broke out the pack n play and he sleeps in that during nap time. Syd no longer naps everyday. She will be in 4 in January but I still don't appreciate it. Anyway, they both napped today, and afterward they BOTH fingerpainted, and H-Dub said the colors just to please me extra special.

Syd then did watercolor painting and we did this craft. Turned out pretty darn cute, though I didn't use pinking shears. I had to trace three different sized circles due to my cutting deficit. Syd also practiced cutting and she is becoming quite good. Tomorrow we will work on following a pattern when cutting.

I have most of my Christmas shopping done which I am quite proud of. We made a garden stone for someone who will not be named this evening, and now all I need to do is gather some switches and coal for some very special family members.

2 comments:

Hill Country Happenings said...

Ash didnt nap on Sunday for the 1st time EVER and I thought I would die. I am not giving up the nap at 4 or 20 - ugh

Will's mom said...

This is why I have yet to put Will in a big boy bed. I am the one holding on to the crib!!!