Wednesday, December 10, 2008

CHRISTMAS COOKIES!

Syd loves to make Christmas cookies. I think it is her favorite Christmas time activity. This year it was a whole bunch of work. We made the dough at home, and it was really good. Then I had to let it chill, and the chilling took longer than I thought. So I told Syd we would cut the cookies out and cook them after her nap. I just left the oven on. Somehow it got to hot and locked itself up. So we had to finish up at Gigi's house. The cookies were quite good, I must say. They must have been because we had dozens and they were all gone within 3 days of putting them on the cookie plate. I blame Brokeback.

We used Royal Icing this year because it is supposed to harden well. It hardened very well within like 1 minute of Gigi and I painting it on. Which made some of the sprinkles sparse but that is okay.

H-Dub enjoyed pushing down on the cookie cutters. He actually participated! I couldn't find Syd's cute gingerbread apron and chef hat. So we went with these utilitarian denim ones, instead.





No comments: