Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Lollipop Cookies

I signed up to bring cookies to H-Dub's Christmas party tomorrow. I found this recipe and decided that the kids would love them. It was a family affair. The dough wasn't difficult but getting the paste mixed into the dough wasn't easy so that was where Brokeback came in. Syd helped make balls and pushed in the sticks. She loved every minute of working with the colored dough and wanted to help with the rolling up and everything. We we will definitely make these again. She asked is we could make more tomorrow. H-Dub came in afterward and picked one up, and said, "Cookie. For me. Hayden." I told him that they were for his friends at school and he didn't respond but he put the cookie down, thank goodness, and looked with his eyes.

I am one short. I am so praying that someone is absent in one of the classes (I made some for Syd's class too, of course). Otherwise I don't know what we will do. There is also one with only 3 colors. We ran out of red there at the end.

We are also giving each child an ABC Coloring Book. Another blogger I know drew them herself. I bought one then made copies and had them bound. This is my first time to give a gift to each child. Last year Syd participated in the gift exchange and that was it. But every other child brought an additional something for everyone in the class, and since we are with the same kids this year I succumbed to the pressure. And had a fine time doing it!




We both look haggard, don't you think? The Christmas season will do that to a lady, believe it.





Please don't comment that it might help my appearance if I would wash my hair. I already know.


Ready to go.



The coloring book. I even printed out labels. I don't have the greatest handwriting, and it seems to slant when I am doing something free hand and important. So I decided labels were the way to go.

1 comment:

Hill Country Happenings said...

your happy homemakerness is just unbelievable. truely amazing