Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Current Obsessions

Tulle ribbon. And wrapping paper from Holiday Happening. My mother bought me both and I. LOVE. IT. The tulle is so easy to work with. I have already run out, though. I would recommend buying two rolls. The paper is so thick and wonderful. I used it to wrap a present for my girls' Christmas get together last weekend and the gal who opened the present (H.C.) didn't rip the paper. It just comes off that way, she said. So pretty.

Hobby Lobby Christmas decorations.
I have been there once a week (at least) for a month. I can't go back. I love their stuff because I can afford it and there are so many options.

The Shack. Have you read it? It is so good. I learned so much. I read a book a week usually and it took me 3 weeks to finish The Shack. I borrowed it from the pastor's wife, and he had already gone through and underlined the parts he felt were important, so it was like having my own little Cliff Note version in the book. He also had question marks on some parts which made me so happy because alot of it was over my head. Has anyone else read it?

Christmas music on the cable tv. I listen to it while I have my internet time.

Dion's pizza with green chilies. Oh. Mercy. It so good. You have to go pick it up but it is so worth it. And it is just a few blocks from our house.

Knitting. I am back at it. FINALLY finished a blanket and I am now working on a scarf for Syd. It may not be too cute but I love to knit and watch movies that I DVR'd every night lately. I also enjoy a fire but our is the gas logs and while we plan on having it going on Christmas Eve it is like throwing dollar bills into the fireplace so I don't get to enjoy it often.

STEPHANIE MEYER. She is the author of Twilight series and The Host. The books are so good. So good. I am eagerly anticipating the sequel to The Host but she hasn't posted when it will be out on her website. If anyone has any inside info on this please comment. I also enjoyed the Twilight movie. Sure there were times when my sister, Heather, Whitney and I cringed and gave nervous laughter because the acting was so embarrassing (Jasper anyone?) but I am looking forward to the next book to come out.

Paperbackswap.com
I have mentioned this before, I know. But it is such an amazing site. I just wish Brokeback and I had thought of it first. I was able to order the best book on twin pregnancy for TWO of my friends that are having twins in June, and they shipped directly to the friend who lives in Dallas, Conversation Peace which is the first book we are doing for our bible study in January, AND a book about toddlers who talk late that had really high reviews. And I still have 3 credits left over!!! You can also have a wait list, mine is up to 70 books now and there aren't many things I enjoy more than one of my books coming up! What a fun surprise!

That is all for now, other then those cutie oranges. My whole family loves them. We consume at least 3 a day. Yum.

1 comment:

Cory said...

Hey! Did you know that I'm also expecting twins? My due date is June 6th. I need to meet these other twin mommies so we can compare notes! Just found out this week that we are having two boys. I'm a little overwhelmed at the testosterone to estrogen ratio that's going to be in this house come next summer... :)