Saturday, March 22, 2008

I hate laundry.

If I could choose one household chore to never do again, this would be it. I have load upon load all the time. And I HATE putting the laundry up. I am in charge of laundry for our family of four. There are a few loads that need to be both done and put up this very minute, but I am blogging instead. They will most likely not be done today.

My house usually looks okay. I really get it shining if we are going to have someone over. Every room, but the laundry room (and the top of my desk, if I am being honest)are spic and span. You would think that I would love laundry, as my mother does. She always has it done. If my kids spend the night over there, she sends the clothes home clean the next day. She picks up my grandmothers laundry every week, even if it is just a couple of things. She even helps with my sisters laundry. If Morgy is in her presence, she often asks if she has any darks to put in with hers. To get them on out that very second and she will pop them in with hers and Poppy's. She says all of this with excitment in her voice and a crazy look in her eye. Unfortunately, she is often disappointed because Morgy doesn't give a rip about laundry, either, and refuses to sort her darks on demand.

What is your least favorite chore?

1 comment:

Will's mom said...

OK - I will do your laundry if you come and mop my house. I DESPISE mopping...mainly because I feel like I am doing the same chore twice. First, sweep - then mop...Ugh!!!