Saturday, March 22, 2008

I am rejoining the working world!

Yes, indeedy. I have accepted a part-time job with the Lubbock County Agrilife Extension office. I bet most of you didn't know that I was interested in and had a working knowledge of the farming industry here in Buttocks County. Well, I don't. I am going to be the 4-H program assistant. No, I wasn't a member in high school. And thank goodness that wasn't a pre-requisite. I will sort through the two shelves and and two filing cabinets of curriculum that 4-H has, categorize it, and then make contact with surrounding school districts and offer up our curriculum and services. I will also be in charge of the volunteers and such for the Master Gardners Association, which I know very little about. It is going to be alot of fun, really. I like the folks I will be working with and I must say that continuing to work in education and get some adult time sounds good.

The best part about my part-time job is that we will be able to swing another year of my staying home with the kids. I will work 20 hours a week. While the kids are in Mother's Day Out and one day from 1-5. I will get a babysitter for the 1-5 shift. I need to go ahead and get after that instead of posting 5 different topics here on the ole' blog. Anyway, it was looking like we wouldn't be able to stay home another year, but we are going to give it a shot along with the working part-time thing. Of course, things may change again, but I thought I would at least let everyone know I am getting back into the working world!

2 comments:

Barry Family said...

I always knew you had a secret love for the farmer! HA! Seriously- that sounds cool. Part-time has been great for me...just enough! I hope you enjoy it. I love your laundry blog...some people just have the gift of laundry. You are so funny!
lov les

Will's mom said...

I am so excited that you will be joining me in the Ag industry! It sounds like both of us had about the same experience before entering!!!