Thursday, March 13, 2008

Back Update

We went to see Brokeback's neurosurgeon yesterday. The news isn't too good. His last surgery was to clean up the ruptured disc and was to help with the pain in his back. It didn't due anything to help the terrible nerve pain that goes all the way down his left leg. He is going to have another back surgery on Thursday, March 27th. This is to decompress the nerves that don't have much room due to bone spurs. They also mentioned something about arthritis in his back.

It will take about 2 weeks to recover and be able to drive, etc. It will be 4-6 weeks total for a full recovery.

Please pray for the surgery to go well and for it to get rid of the leg pain. And pray for our spirits. We are really frustrated, tired, disheartened. It definitely puts a strain on the marriage.

2 comments:

Erin said...

That sounds really awful. I will have your family in my prayers. By the way who is doing the surgery?

Will's mom said...

I kept checking your blog for good news after the sick babies post...this is not what I was wanting to find. I will keep all of you in my prayers!!!