Saturday, May 16, 2009

Our Newest Family Member

We have fostered Guiness since spring break. He is a very big dog, and we have a very small yard, so I don't know that we are the best home for him. But we have decided to adopt him anyway. He has lately exhibited some interest in swimming in the pool or running around it so he can get some exercise that way. He is now virtually house broken, and he is the sweetest dog. He was never socialized before coming to stay with us and when Brokeback would pet him he would literally gag with anxiety. We have come a long way. He loves the kids and chases them around the house. He is half german shepard and half mastiff so he will get pretty big. We don't know how big, though. He is about 8 months, now. He has a very loud, mean bark when someone (even me) is at the door or walking by the house. Which is good for Brokeback's paranoia.

Syd and Guinny, as she calls him. H-Dub was not supposed to be in the picture but was randmoly a camera hog.


Daddy and H-Dub. When H-Dub saw I was taking pics he would try to get really close to the camera. So close it wouldn't focus or take a picture. So he hopped in daddy's lap and said cheese til I took a pic. This is not something that happens very often so I decided to include it here.


Full body shot of Guiness, albeit from behind. I love Brokeback's face in this one.


Hayden loving puppy.


Guiness enjoying a wand.


Syd asked me to take a picture of her so I did.

No comments: