Tuesday, July 21, 2009

I know that I haven't blogged in TOO long. I can't decide if this will get better or worse when I go back to work! I took a job at a fabulous high school. I am going to be the testing administrator. I will do TAKS, AP, PSAT, and ESL testing. And that is about the gist of it. I will be able to put my organization skills to work! Good thing I really like organizing.

I have been fairly productive lately. Both of the kids closets are cleaned out, as is my laundry room, I have cleaned out my bathroom cabinets, and I have reorganized the playroom. I still must do my horrific desk and my closet. The office closet is also very bad but Brokeback messed that one up so I don't know why it is my responsibility to clean it. So I don't think I will.

Not so many crafts, lately. We do playdoh, paint with watercolors, draw with markers and crayons, but it is all free-style, you see. We did this craft for the 4th, which I absolutely adored. I think I may have enjoyed it more than the kids did.

The potty training isn't going so well. Hayden can pull down his underpants to pee, hold it until he is ready, etc. He, however, doesn't ever go in the toilet. He is scared of the big one and won't sit down to pee. So we are taking a break and hope to reacquaint him with the big potty soon.

I go back to work on August 5th. I am trying to soak up as much fun with my kids as I can until then!

3 comments:

Will's mom said...

Which high school? We really need to try to get together before school starts up!

kristen lewis said...

I never thought I would be on the other side of the potty training battle. I say wait it out. No sense stressing over it like I did for a year!

Barry Family said...

Ahhh...what HS!?!?! Are you sure you can work there even though you were kicked out of your HS? HAHAHHA!
les