Sunday, August 3, 2008

H-Dubya turned 2!

Yesterday! We were actually in Dallas for a wedding, so we didn't do too much other than insist he wear a shirt proclaiming his new age and his name. And we took him to the Rainforest Cafe, which he was done with before eating any of his lunch because he was so tired. He woke up at 6:30 a.m. and didn't go back to sleep every single morning. He usually sleeps til 8.

Anywho, we are having his birfday party on Friday, the 8th. I was worried Poppy would be horrified and resentful about sharing his birthday weekend, but I went for it anyway and he seems fine.

Here is a picture of his invite.




I made these 4X6 and so they cost me less than $5.00 to have printed at Walgreens. I used envelopes that we have around the house so the invitations were quite inexpensive I am proud to say.

I have many events to blog about and should be around more. I quit my job with 4-H. It was a great job and I just loved everyone in the office, but I am going to work for Brokeback for now and see how that goes. I will get to work from home, which will be fab. Finding reliable part-time childcare for as little as I could afford to pay (considering how little I made) was virtually impossible. I asked around, networked if you will, joined care.com, etc. And most folks wanted close to what I was making per hour. So I am looking forward to my new "position". I will keep everyone updated.

1 comment:

Will's mom said...

Wow -- you need more on your plate!! I cannot believe he is already 2!!!